Lightwriter SL40 CONNECT
The SL40 CONNECT LightWRITER is now available in Australia.
If you have the SL40 LightWRITER as purchased since launched in Australia, please see the information about the upgrade/exchange offer. Click here
The main features of the LightWRITER SL40 CONNECT include:
- the inbuilt mobile phone for SMS and voice calls. Your own SIM card is inserted into the base of the unit and it reasy to use. Telstra SIM cards have been fully tested.
- the USB port of the SL40 CONNECT permist full use of the NOETBOOK feature of the LightWRITER CONNECT. Documents written on the SL40 can be transferred to a Windows ocmputer by USB stick, and opened as a .txt file for editting, printing and transferring back to the LightWRITER if required. Settings and dictinaries can also be backed up.
- the larger dual displays, one facing the 'user' and the other facing the 'communication partner'. This feature alone enables face-to-face conversation as the displays are bright and the text large and easy to read, even at a distance.
- the compactness and attractive updates to the design makes the SL40 readily portable and easy to handle
- the ease of use: most people can turn it on and begin using it with minimal instruction or manual reading. The new speed enhancement features mean that generating messages is faster and simpler than before.
- The SL40 features new sleek styling, large bright displays and extra features.
- True prediction and auto-correction are new additions to the phrase banks and abbreviation expansion.
- Write and save lengthy pieces of text and speak them in a number of different ways.
- Set alarms to wake you up, or to remind you of events or appointments.
- Choose from the activity menu bar to navigate all the features.
The activity bar shown above provides quick navigation to the various operations of the SL40. If no activity is selected and the user starts typing, 'talk' mode will be automatically selected.
As text is typed, the second row displays predicted words. These are selected by choosing the corresponding number. Altenatively the words can be scrolled using 'next' and 'back' and selected using the 'do' key.
To select a stored phrase simply type a key word. In the example shown below the word 'my' is typed. All phrases including the word 'my' will be displayed.
The notebook section permits storing of large passages of text. Upon recall the pasaage can be reviewed by sentence or paragraph.
LightWRITERs are supplied with raised keys in QWERTY layout (unless ordered with ABCD layout). The keyboard layout can be changed and the physical configuration of the keys can be changed.
The SL40 LightWRITER is supplied with keyguards to make all the configurations shown here.
Raised keys are shown below.
Keys can be 'flush' with the surround, providing a minimal keyguard.
The deep keyguard shown below, can be useful for people who need to stabilise on the keyboard, or it can assist with isolating movements for accurate key selection.
The keyboard can be configured in the following layouts:
See "accessories" for further information.
See "support" for Frequently asked questions and answers.
See 'support' for comparison between SL35 and SL40 or use this link. Should I upgrade to SL40 from SL35?
See the 'accessories' section for more details.
- mounting plate
- wheelchair mount