APPlicator,by Pretorian Technologies, provides easy switch access to the Switch Accessible Apps on iPad and iPhone, also media access to iPad, iPhone and iPod.
Specifically designed around user needs, APPlicator is simple to set-up and use, but loaded with features.
[Also marketed as Switch4Apps]
How it works
- Pair APPlicator with your iPad® by selecting it in the Bluetooth menu (no PIN entry required)
- Connect any wired switches to one or more of the four, programmable, switch inputs.
- Using the built-in display, select the function of each switch from the choice of 24 mouse/keyboard commands.
- For data entry press the virtual keyboard button to deploy the on-screen keyboard
Accessing your Music Playlist
Press the Quick Media button for preconfigured access to play/pause, skip forward and back and Timed Play (10 seconds)
For more auditory functions use the built-in display to select from play/pause, skip forward, skip back, volume adjustment, timed play and mute.
Use up to four switches for faster access.
Play music in timed-duration mode to add interest and inspiration
Switch Accesible Apps
Apps such as Predictable and Scene N Heard from Therapy Box are switch accessible.
Jane Farrall has approved this link to her list of Switch Accessible Apps.
Here you will find a short description of the App, along with the keystrokes required, which can be assigned to the APPlicator for switch access.
- Size: 90mm x 64mm x 18mm
- Connections: four x 3.5 mm sockets for wired switches
- Power: rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Operating Range: 20 metres
NOTE: Switch2Scan is not the same as the APPlicator. It will be available soon, but is not currently released by Pretorian Technologies. Switch2Scan will be slightly different from the APPlicator in that it will provide comprehensive switch access to all iPad functions. Zyteq will stock and supply the Switch2Scan available in a month or so.
Switch4Apps is the same as the APPlicator, but marketed under a different name.