Do You Have Equipment Needing Repair?
If you have Zyteq equipment requiring repair please check which of the following apply to your situation and proceed accordingly.
Please contact Zyteq prior to sending any equipment for repair. Please DO NOT send equipment without contacting the office. If you send equipment it will need to be invoiced and in many cases also pre-paid prior to return, and it is possible that there may have been an action that could have been carried out "in the field" to restore operation.
1. Equipment is visibly damaged and non-operational.
If your device was supplied through a funding agency that covers the cost for repairs, please contact the issuing agency to report the problem. You will be advised how to proceed and the funding agency will forward the required documentation directly to Zyteq.
If your device does not fit the above category or you do not know who supplied it, please call us with the SERIAL NUMBER so we may check our records. We will then be able to advise how to proceed.
If your repairs are privately funded please ring Zyteq with the SERIAL NUMBER of the device and we will advise how to proceed.
Please note in: some devices are covered by ‘extended service warranties’ which means that all repair costs are included for the life of a warranty. To check whether your device is covered by an ‘extended service warranty’ please contact Zyteq with the SERIAL NUMBER of the device.
2. The equipment is not working correctly or is non-operational.
Please ring Zyteq as we may be able to rectify the problem through some troubleshooting over the phone. If this is unsuccessful we can further determine the nature of the problem and how best to proceed.
For trouble-shooting over the phone there are some standard requirements to ensure the most effective assistance can be offered. Please see SUPPORT.
NOTE: Please be aware that devices with stored data, programmed or edited content specific to the user, may be removed and erased during the repair process. Please back up all data before sending equipment for repair.
How To Send Equipment For Repair
BEFORE you sending any equipment to Zyteq please contact us first to ensure that this is the best course of action. A device sent for general checking or where an “operator error” has caused an apparent problem will still need to be invoiced.
Please help us provide the fastest repair service possible by supplying all required details with the device.
Warranty terms and conditions do not apply to damage caused by dropping or other abuse to units (except for devices with ‘extended service warranties’ and service agreements).
1. Please phone to discuss the problem; maybe it can be solved over the phone. When you phone please have the device in front of you. We will ask for the serial number as this is essential to enable the history, warranty status and ownership of the device to be determined.
If it has been determined that you need to send it in we will provide a RETURN AUTHORISATION Number, register the technical job into our system and send you a confirmation email.
Please follow ALL of these steps. Please do not assume that a telephone conversation with the Zyteq office permits omission of any of these steps. These steps are devised to prevent further damage to the device in transit, to expedite repairs and to ensure correct payment processing.
2. Print out a copy of your Return Authoirisation Form (in which case skip to step 3.) or
Write or type a note to include with the device which must include:
- Contact details including your contact name, phone number, and email address
- A postal address for return delivery by post.
- The Return Authorisation number you were issued, and the serial number of the unit is essential. These are our references for all repairs. If you ring to discuss repair progress please know your device’s serial number.
- A statement of the problem (repeat points from the phone conversation if relevant, but please provide information. A note “as per our phone conversation” is insufficient.) The more information provided here the faster the repair may proceed. Please describe the problem; its frequency; what happened prior to this problem occurring (any damage, exposure to liquid, incorrect charger etc), whether it is intermittent or constant. It is more helpful to describe the problem rather than to try and interpret any fault. Include any other observations of the device’s operation.
- Method of payment (see below). Please know who owns the device in question and who is responsible for payment of repairs. In some cases approval must be sought before sending the equipment for repair, otherwise the agency may not cover payment. If you require a quotation prior to work proceeding please state this clearly on the note [and read below for terms & conditions], and ensure that there are multiple methods to contact you so as to avoid delays. Please note there is a minimum charge for inspection, even if work does not proceed.
- NOTE: Please be aware that devices with stored data, programmed or edited content specific to the user, may be removed and erased during the repair process. Please back up all data before sending equipment for repair. If you wish for data and to be backed up or stored by Zyteq prior to the repair process, please advise on the note included with the equipment when it is sent. An additional fee may apply.
3. Package the equipment as follows:
- Please package equipment in a sturdy box with clean and plentiful packaging.
- A strong shoe box can work well, or a box from the post office. It is not necessary nor desirable to use the original box.
- Protect the display, wrap the device and pack out the box using bubble wrap or clean packaging. Once packed, items should not shake around inside the box.
- Do not use shredded paper please; it can enter the device.
- Please do not use only a padded post bag or satchel. A box is essential with packaging.
- Do not include accessories unless they seem related to the problem, for example a charger may be suspect so then please include it.
- Include the note (point 2 above) and method of payment 4. Or the RA form.
4. Forward the item either:
POST IS PREFERRED:
- By Express post or Platinum Express post.. Insurance is usually not necessary, but this is your choice.
If you are not personally packing and sending the device, but instead are passing it onto someone else to assist, please ensure they have all these details and understand the urgency of the freight.
Please send to:
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
(This address is direct to our office and the fastest.)
PO Box 190
South Melbourne VIC 3205
SENDER: Clearly label the box with your sender address. Remove old labels and scribble out or cover over any irrelevant labelling which may cause problems in the post.
- By courier (your cost). You will need a consignment note for the courier company.
- If you do not have an account with a courier company, please use Australia Post.
- If you are not personally packing and sending the device, but instead are passing it onto someone else to assist, please ensure they have all these details and understand the urgency of the freight.
- For courier only – please ring to advise if you are using courier delivery. It is helpful for us to have the tracking number.
- Please always add your return address to the box.
- If you do not have a courier account please get a quote from the company you use first. Private courier deliveries (without an account) are generally not economical. Only use reputable companies.
- If the device is owned by the Aids and Equipment Program in Victoria, Enable NSW or Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (QLD), please ring these organisations to discuss the repair with them before sending.
Repairs must be paid for prior to equipment being returned.
A Purchase Order may be accepted from our account customer organizations. An invoice will be supplied with 14 day terms, when the repaired item is returned.
If cheque payment is preferred you will be phoned when the repair is ready for return and a cheque must be received prior to the equipment being returned.
Direct deposit can be made into the Zyteq bank account. Please ring for details. Credit card payment can be arranged, for payment online or over the phone. The
Terms and conditions: A quotation for the repair cost maybe requested before the device is forwarded to us, or after the technician's inspection.
A quotation is a legally binding document so quotes must be provided according to "terms and conditions".
A PRE-SERVICE QUOTE: A quotation provided prior to inspection will be an estimate only and not an official quote, or a pre-service quotation can be provided for specified work prior to inspection, therefore the quote will only cover the work quoted, which may be incomplete and not sufficient to solve the problem.
A STANDARD QUOTATION is carried out by the technician and includes full analysis and assessment of the device. Where a standard quotation has been requested, and the repair does not proceed a minimum charge will be applied to cover the technician’s diagnostic labour, freight handling and administration. This will generally be $250 (including $25 GST) for a standard situation. Where the repair proceeds, these costs will constitute the freight, labour (minimum only) and handling for the repair work. [PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE] Quotations are valid for 30 days. If the quote has not been accepted within 30 days, an invoice will be issued for the cost of the quotation and the return of the device. In these rare cases Zyteq usually follows up with multiple contacts to try to determine the preferred course of action. If no action has been taken within 90 days, it is assumed that the device is not required and it will be retained or disposed of by Zyteq.
Warranty are voided if unauthorized repairers have opened or worked on the equipment.
Most Zyteq Assistive Technology originates from Europe and U.S.A. where manufacturer limited 2 year warranties are standard. Warranties are limited to "manufacturing" related issues, specifically warranty against defects in materials and manufacturing. As the authorised dealer and reseller for our products, Zyteq will handle the warranty claim and liaise with the manufacturer. Proof and date of purchase is required. Please check with your device issuer (if obtained through funding agencies) as devices may have been re-issued and not "new" when received. Our manufacturer's are usually very willing to honour warranty claims, but in some cases there may need to be some extra details provided so that the "warranty case" can be deteremined.
NOT covered by warranty is generally wear and tear which requires periodic repair and replacement. Defects or damage that result from: (a) incorrect or unsutable operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, (b) exposure to or contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, saliva, sand, dirt or debris, extreme heat, or food; (c) subjecting the products to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of the manufacturer, are excluded from coverage.
A warranty case cannot usually be determined over the phone; it will be necessary to return the device for inspection, at your cost. Reasonable postage/freight will be reimbursed if the warranty claim is confirmed. If warranty can be determined over the phone, then a pre-paid post label can be provided for the return.
- Zyteq PO Box 190 South Melbourne VIC 3205
All repairs should be forwarded directly to Zyteq. In order to provide the fastest and most comprehensive repair service, we have stream-lined all repairs to Zyteq. Zyteq has direct support from the manufacturers for technical expertise, parts and information. As this is updated on a frequent basis our technicians are in the best position to implement upgrades, manufacturer recommended modifications and other details. Our aim is to provide the highest quality repair service so that the device is returned not only repaired but upgraded to any new specification available and with attention to small details such as missing rubber feet. To expedite the process we recommended that Express Post service is used. This is a tracked and "signed" service overnight from most areas. Using such a service means that the device will arrive for repair the next day whether you are located in Brisbane or a Melbourne suburb.
Costings for Repairs:
Once you have obtained your new Zyteq device there are a number of ways we can help you to keep it up and running.
As Zyteq’s devices are specialised and unique we understand that ongoing smooth operation is essential so the device can effectively serve its purpose.
Zyteq devices come with a standard 2 year warranty in most cases. Warranty covers manufacturing related defects, but this does not cover breakage, damage or “wear and tear”.
This is included with purchase of Zyteq’s major systems. This is defined as “basic issues and questions of a straight-forward and simple nature,” and it is available during business hours (AEST). Free advice and support is also available where instructions and resources are provided for a "do-it-yourself" solution. Many useful support instructions and troubleshooting strategies are located on our website, which is continuously accessible.
Premium Plans for Support, Training & Maintenance:
If you would like priority assistance dedicated to your more complex question, or a training session or assistance with maintenance we offer a range of Premium Plans for Support, Training and Maintenance. These are listed on the website and detailed in a separate document. Most new high –tech devices are supplied with 3 months Premium Plan included. Plans can be topped up or purchased at any time. These plans also work well for re-issued devices where extra help is required.
Zyteq Repairs Cost Planning
Please note, Zyteq Repair Service is only available in Australia for devices purchased from Zyteq.
Listed here are the most common repairs and the budget estimates to cover the repair costs in the majority of cases.
This is not a pre-purchase program, but a guide for budgeting.
WHY BUDGET FOR REPAIRS?
1. Prepare for the cost of repairs ahead of the need.
2. Cost repairs to include in your funding plan e.g. NDIS
3. Save time on negotiating funding to cover repair costs
4. Know what to expect in terms of repair costs.
HOW THE REPAIR PROCESS WORKS
- If you think your Zyteq device needs repair contact Zyteq by phone or email.
- Have the device name and serial number handy, as well as any information you have about what has happened to the device
- It is advisable to be connected to the internet so we can try to analyse and repair any faults remotely.
- We will work out what is needed to rectify the problem with the device and advise on the next steps.
- If we are unable to resolve your problem over the phone, we will arrange the Return Authorisation Form with you and ask you to pack your device to send to us. We will give advice on packaging your device safely to prevent damage in transit.
- If you have budgeted for a repair replacement hire, this can be organised with Zyteq (model offered: subject to availability).
- If your user settings are available or recoverable, we can put these resources on the swap out device that you may borrow until your device is repaired.
Limitations and Exclusions in the Budget Costings?
- Older devices or re-issued devices are may require additional allocation of funds due to their age. You can use the costings as a rough guide to provide for funding purposes.
- Loss or theft of a device – please note that this can be covered by an insurance company.
- Damage caused by liquid and catastrophic damage (e.g. device run over by a car)
- The elements selected do not constitute an entitlement to this work.
- Damage caused when transporting the device from your premises to our offices. It is crucial that all items are properly packaged to prevent this. Please ask if you need advice on proper packaging.
- Damage caused by any attempted repair that includes unscrewing parts or tampering with the hardware. We reserve the right to decline to repair. This type of repair would need to be individually evaluated and quoted.
- Repair does not cover the any third party software that was installed after the supply of your system. You may need to re-install such programs after the repair is complete.
- If required parts are no longer available for older devices, it may not be possible to repair the system.
- It may not be possible to recover or back-up data
- A diagnostics fee applies if repair is not completed. This service would be the equivalent to our “Quote First” terms and conditions as outlined on the website.
Repair Cost Estimates Document
If you would like a copy of the complete document with the Costing Estimates please complete the form below.