Support and Repairs
This Page contains general assistance relating to all devices.
The PRODUCT-SPECIFIC SUPPORT tab takes you to specific help on the equipment listed, including obsolete devices. Alternatively you can access the SUPPORT tab under each product. Go to these pages for help with COMMON OPERATIONS and TROUBLE-SHOOTING. NOTE: it may be the case that something you think is a fault is in fact a function of the equipment which has been inadvertently activated. If the unit is essentially working, please check the RESETS to default settings first.
When you purchase from Zyteq, or nominate us as the supplier in your application for funding we will support the ongoing use of the equipment in our mission to make sure that everything runs smoothly. We offer :
Before You Ring
You are always welcome to ring for assistance, but please have the device in front of you and have the serial number accessible before ringing.
1. I have a device and it is behaving unexpectedly
Please go to the SUPPORT page for the product you have and try the most common strategies. A high proportion of apparent operational 'problems' are due to settings being activated inadvertently. A quick fix can often be to reset the unit to FACTORY DEFAULT settings, however we then don't know the nature of the problem in this instance but it will be clear it was a setting rather than a 'fault' and the unit will be back in use. With products that are based on Windows operating system, start by completely shutting down the unit (not just to stand-by) and restarting; check power/charging and any connections of switches, etc. Restart and see if the problem persists.
2. I don't know how to perform an action on the device I am setting up
Have you checked the manual? Still no luck. Try the regular solutions to common actions by selecting the relevant device from the support menu. Do please ring though as frequently once you know the name of the operation we can then set you on the right path using your manual.
3. The device I have seems to need repair
Please check section 1. here for trouble-shooting strategies you may be able to carry out first. Please telephone to discuss the device and the problem before sending it to be repaired. Devices sent for technical work where ' no fault is found' are still charged for costs incurred. Please do not attempt 'home repairs' nor use unauthorised repairers. Further down this page you will see the heading REPAIRS. Please check the information on REPAIRs for further instructions. If it is obvious a device requires repair, for example if some part of the device is clearly broken or damaged, then please follow the procedure for returning devices for repair.
4. What is the best care and maintenance for my device ?
Each type of system is different so please choose your device from the support menu for the recommended care and maintenance routines. Proper care and maintenance can prevent the need for some repairs. Rechargeable batteries will always need replacing but you can maximise the battery life by good maintenance.
Do you have equipment needing repair?
- Contact details including your contact name, phone number, fax and/or email address (optional but useful)
- A street address (not post box) for return delivery by courier.
- The serial number of the unit is useful. This is our reference for all repairs. If you ring to discuss repair progress please know your device’s serial number.
- A statement of the problem (repeat points from the phone conversation if relevant, but please provide information. Simply “as per our phone conversation”is insufficient.) The more information provided here the faster the repair may proceed. Please note what the problem is now; what happened prior to this problem occurring (any damage, exposure to liquid, incorrect charger etc), whether it is intermittent or constant. Any other observations of the device’s operation
- Method of payment (see below). Please know who owns the device in question and who is responsible for payment of repairs. In some cases approval must be sought before sending the equipment for repair, otherwise the agency may not cover payment. If you require a quotation prior to work proceeding please state this clearly on the note [and read below for terms & conditions], and ensure that there are multiple methods to contact you so as to avoid delays. Please not there is a minimum charge for inspection, even if work does not proceed.
- NOTE: Please be aware that devices with stored data, programmed or edited content specific to the user, may be removed and erased during the repair process. Please back up all data before sending equipment for repair.
- In a sturdy box (for example a show box or box purchased from Australia Post) with clean and plentiful packaging e.g. bubble wrap or screwed up brown paper or newspaper.
- Do not use shredded paper please; it can enter the device.
- Do not include accessories unless they seem related to the problem, for example a charger may be suspect so then please include it. Include the note (point 2 above) and method of payment
- By registered post. Insurance is usually not necessary, but this is your choice. Send to Zyteq, PO Box 190 South Melbourne VIC 3205
- By courier. Post is preferred. If you do not have a courier account please get a quote from the company you use first. Private courier deliveries (without an account) are generally not economical. Only use reputable companies. Please ring to request the delivery address.
- Please DO NOT use an Australia Post service to post to the delivery address. This is not as reliable for us. If the device is owned by the Aids and Equipment Program in Victoria, Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (QLD) or Enable NSW please ring these organisations first as they are the equipment owners.