You may have seen the announcement that these two highly succesful Communication Device companies will merge. As the Australian Smartbox dealer we are not quite sure what this will mean yet.
There are some points we do know so I can share these here:
- All current Grid Pads will be supported for up to 5 years from purchase.
- Parts and the skilled Smartbox technicians will continue in their roles still based in the same head office in Malvern, United Kingdom, under Tobii-Dynavox.
- Accessories and replacement parts will continue to be available for a reasonable time.
- All current Grid Pad models will be discontinued except the new Grid Pad and Touch Pad (iPad model).
- We will need to stop providing quotes for new purchases of the outgoing Grid Pad models and regulate our remaining stock for incoming orders. We apologies for this inconvenience but there will be a few stages to move through to see what happens next.
- Grid 3 will continue to power your devices and be developed and supported.
- Zyteq will continue to sell it's Grid Pad stock of outgoing models and then our demo and loan devices until the outgoing models are exhausted.
- Zyteq will continue with Jabbla products including Mobi 3, Mobi 3 IntelliGaze, Tellus 5, Tellus 5 IntelliGaze, Allora 2 and Smart 3, and not forgetting Mind Express 4! We also have independent devices such as our BobCat and All-In-One.
- We will continue to offer IntelliGaze and EyeTech eye gaze cameras also.
- Generally our business continues as it has been with the transition and meger of the two companies to take place around us. We are a multi-line dealer and will continue to offer choice and options.
We thank you so much for your understanding and patience as this transition takes place around us. We will be here to continue to provide our Grid 3 expertise and assistance along with all our other activities. We will keep you informed as we know more.